Monday, March 22, 2010

Day 1

So I went to bed last night thinking of all the things I love that are already Vegan, woke up this morning thinking about all the things I love that sadly are not. Such as Saah Paneer, DIM SUM, the cheese and sour cream in my chipotle and the creamy soups I love, not to mention my most favorite comfort food of all Mac n Cheese. I was discouraged and the day hadn't even started. But I thought to myself, self, just follow the AA rule, one day at a time, and then I rushed around getting ready for work and was late as usual lol.
This blog is not going to be just a list of the foods I eat, although as I discover new things they will of course pop up. Working in the financial district I am lucky to have many kinds of food at my disposal. Breakfast was a shake I purchased on the street with orange, pineapple, carrot and ginger. It wasn't until i started to get hungry again that I started to do research on my options. I decided on Indian food. Seeing as how my two favorite Indian dishes have cheese in them I had to search for alternatives, but things that I'd actually LIKE, not just to keep me full or else I would never be able to keep this up. As an alternative to Saag Paneer (spinach and cheese) I got Saag Aloo (Spinach and Potatoes), it was really good! That with some Chana Masala (spiced chickpeas) over rice and some garlic non and I was SET!
I continued my research and looked through Trader Joes website and Whole foods website and found options to try for dinner, went after work with a friend and bought some items. For dinner tonight I had Amys frozen dinner of Vegetable Meatloaf, Mash Potatoes and Peas and Corn. The peas and corn were good, the mashed potatoes were good (after I put some vegan butter and salt on it) but the veggie meatloaf, meh. I didn't like the sauce. I would, however, venture to make some my own and put some good old fashioned ketchup on it. Tomorrow brings another day and more discoveries . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment